Pre-Injection Instructions for Dermal Filler/Botox/Kybella Appointments
Avoid all blood-thinning medications, EXCEPT those prescribed by your physician, for 1 week prior to your appointment. This will reduce the chances of excessive bruising with your injections. Some examples include:
- Advil, Aleve, Aspirin, Excedrin or Ibuprofen
- Fish oils
- Garlic, Ginger, Ginko
- Vitamin E
We also recommend refraining from the use of alcohol for 24 hours prior to the treatment.
Taking arnica tablets beginning 3 days prior to your injections may help minimize bruising. Eat pineapple for a few days! Pineapple contains the enzyme bromelain, which may decrease swelling & inflammation.
Please let us know if you have had dental work or have dental work planned, including cleaning, within two weeks of your appointment date. Infections at or near the treatment area can increase your risk of a more serious infection so dermal filler injections should be avoided until this has resolved. Let us know if you have had a recent sinus infection or have been taking antibiotics for any reason.
After your treatment, please avoid strenuous exercise for 48 hours. Do not apply makeup or other products to the treated areas for a minimum of 12 hours. You should let our office know immediately if you have significant pain in the treatment area or notice blanching or a mottled appearance to the skin.
Post Injection Instructions
- The medication has been placed into the skin and may be palpable as a firm area for 2-6 weeks post injection. This is normal and expected.
- On the day of injections please refrain from exercise for 4 hours post Botox, 24-48 hours post Dermal Filler injections and 24 hours post Kybella.
- Avoid laying flat for 4 hours post Botox. Avoid sleeping on your face for 4-7 nights. Back sleeping is recommended.
- It is recommended to not apply make-up for 12 hours post injections due to the risk of infection.
- Avoid high sodium foods post filler for 24 hours.
- Drink plenty of water on your injection day.
- You may take one Benadryl at bedtime for swelling.
- You may take Ibuprofen or tylenol for pain and swelling.
- Patient will follow up with their provider 2 weeks post procedure if recommended.
Possible Side Effects
- Headache, bruising, lumps, bumps, swelling, redness, sensitivity, numbness
In case of concern, the patient acknowledges they will contact the medical provider. Patient acknowledges they are aware of post care instructions.
Pre-Care Radiofrequency Microneedling
Before your treatment
- Avoid the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs like aspirin, Motrin, Advil, ibuprofen or any other non-Tylenol, non-acetaminophen product) for two weeks prior to treatment to minimize the potential for bruising, unless the medications involved are prescribed for the treatment of an existing medical condition.
- Hydrate: for seven days prior, moisturize your skin in the morning & evening. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
- If you have a history of fever blisters, take antiviral medication starting 1 day prior and follow directions on your prescription.
- Stop all topical acids (like glycolic, alpha or beta hydroxy acids), retinol, Retin-A, or other like products 4 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid tanning beds or prolonged exposure to the sun 4 days prior to treatment. Always use a zinc oxide sunscreen with SPF 30+.
- Remove all substances from the intended treatment area, including Makeup, topical numbing cream, tanning products, ointments, lotions, oils, etc.
Post Radio Frequency Microneedling Instructions
- For cleansing, use a very mild, soothing cleanser.
- Refrain from applying makeup until the following day. Use clean makeup brushes. Mineral-based makeup is best during the post-treatment period.
- Do not use any additional skincare products during the first 24 hours following your treatment, unless advised by your clinician.
- Do not exercise or increase your heart rate 24-48 hours post-treatment.
- AVOID ALL SUN EXPOSURE FOR UP TO THREE DAYS POST TREATMENT. WEAR YOUR HAT AND SUNSCREEN.
- Refrain from deep exfoliation and/or retinol products for seven to ten days post-treatment.
- Look in the mirror…you are beautiful!