Pre-care Instructions For Neuromodulators (Botox) And Filler To Reduce Swelling And Bruising
- Please stop the following five days prior to procedure: supplements: vitamin e, fish oil, and all supplements that start with a “G” including but not limited to ginseng, ginko biloba, garlic, etc. No asprin, unless prescribed by a physician, and no ibuprofen at least 3-5 days prior to your injections.
- Begin taking Arnica Montana 3-5 days prior to your injections, and eat fresh pineapple.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to injections for optimal results.
- For filler, no dental work two weeks prior or post injection day.
Aftercare Instructions For Neuromodulators (Botox) And Filler
- Be assured that tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours after your treatment. There is a small risk of bruising. If this occurs, do not worry since it will only be temporary and can easily be covered up with makeup. Any little bit of bruising may last up to one week.
- Do not have a facial, nor rub or massage the treated area for 24 hours after your treatment, this includes any type of microdermabrasion or other activities that may manipulate the injection sites and displace the filler.
- Due to the risk of infection, it is recommend to not apply any cosmetics, moisturizer, or spf for 12 hours post procedure, do not apply anything to cause pressure or discomfort.
Aftercare Instructions For Botox
- After botox is placed into the targeted muscles, the weakening effect gradually begins anywhere from 3-7 days and is not complete for two weeks. Therefore, optimal results are not seen for at least fourteen days.
- Do not exercise or lay down flat for at least four hours post injection.
- Botox is fda approved to last approximately 3-4 months. If you maintain your treatment appointments with the frequency recommended, the duration of each treatment result may last longer than four months.
AFTERcare instructions for filler
- Filler(depending on the type) will last approximately 12-24 months. After filler is injected,
- It is common to experience bruising, redness or some swelling post filler. This will all go down in time.
- Filler always looks better two weeks post injection.
- On the day of your injection do not participate in strenuous exercise, receive a massage.