SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® is the FIRST and ONLY FDA-approved hyaluronic acid (HA) microdroplet injectable in the US to improve skin smoothness of the cheeks. SKINVIVE™ is designed to temporarily increase hydration to improve smoothness and reduce fine lines in the cheeks. SKINVIVE™ is not to replace other topical skin care treatments and products but to further complement them.
Who is a candidate for SKINVIVE™?
A consultation with our team in Raleigh is the best way for you to determine whether SKINVIVE™ is right for you with regard to your desired goals and lifestyle. SKINVIVE™ typically has no downtime associated with treatments, meaning you are able to get back to your busy life with amazing results in no time!
What to expect during your appointment:
- Multiple microdroplet injections—where a tiny amount of product is injected just below the skin—are performed on each cheek by a specialist.
- During your appointment, your licensed specialist should explain the procedure and provide after-care directions.
- Lidocaine, a common pain reliever (you get it at the dentist), is an ingredient in SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® to keep you comfortable.
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment.
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment. Exposure to any of these may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection site.
- Tell your doctor if you are using any medication that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners. As with any injection, this may increase bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning laser treatment, chemical peeling, or any other procedure after SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM®. There is a possible risk of an inflammatory reaction at the treatment site.
- This product is intended for improving skin smoothness of the cheeks. The safety and effectiveness for treatment in other areas of the body have not been established.
- Tell your doctor if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response. Use may result in an increased risk of infection.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety for use during pregnancy, or in women who are breastfeeding, has not been studied.
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (thick, hard scars). The safety of this product in patients with a history of excessive scarring has not been studied and may result in additional scars.
- Tell your specialist if you have a history of pigmentation disorders, as use of this product in patients with a history of pigmentation disorders has not been studied and may result in changes in pigmentation.
Post-care Treatment Guidelines:
- Avoid exercise for 48 hours post SKINVIVE™ injections.
- Avoid flying within 48 hours post SKINVIVE™ injections.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours post SKINVIVE™ injections.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for 4-7 nights. Back sleeping is recommended.
- Do not apply makeup for 24 hours post injections due to the risk of
- Avoid high sodium foods post SKINVIVE™ for 24 hours.
- Drink plenty of water on your injection day.
- You may take Ibuprofen or Tylenol for pain and swelling.
- All new patients will follow up 1 month post SKINVIVE™ treatments, repeat patients will follow up 2 weeks post procedure if recommended.
- Remember that swelling, lumps, and bruises are NORMAL post SKINVIVE™ injections.
Schedule Your Appointment!
To learn more about how SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® can enhance your look, contact us today at Beauty Co! Schedule your appointment with our qualified team in Raleigh, North Carolina, and take the first step on your journey to achieving your beauty goals. Revitalize your skin and enhance your natural beauty today with SKINVIVE™ by JUVÉDERM® in Raleigh. Contact us online or give us a call at 984-222-0026.