What is SkinPen?
Backed by unparalleled commitment to safety and efficacy, this FDA-cleared device is used by leading health care providers and individually customized to rejuvenate from the inside out for younger looking skin. Uncover your best skin with SkinPen.
SkinPen creates micro-channels (microscopic holes) at a rate of 1600 per second. These wounds stimulate your skin, kicking its healing process into high gear. Best of all, SkinPen doesn’t rely on heat or chemicals, so the results are natural and safe for all skin tones and types.
Why Choose SkinPen for Microneedling?
- SkinPen rejuvenates from the inside out for younger looking skin.
- SkinPen is the first FDA-cleared microneedling device.
- SkinPen is proven safe and effective, delivering results that last up to six months.
- SkinPen is a quick-and-easy treatment with little to no downtime.
- SkinPen is proven to improve the appearance of acne scars and wrinkles on the neck.
How Microneedling works
The SkinPen treatment works in three simple steps, designed to activate the skin’s natural healing process. Following each session, the skin begins to heal itself, looking more renewed and rejuvenated over time. SkinPen is only used in professional settings and delivers dramatic results without the use of heat or chemicals:
SkinPen’s microneedles penetrate the skin’s surface, triggering a natural immune response to disinfect, remove debris, increase blood flow, and activate the creation of new tissue.
The micro-channels or tiny holes created by SkinPen are rebuilt with new granulation cells that include collagen proteins. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
New dermal tissues form, rich in collagen and elastin proteins. These proteins improve skin quality, visibly reducing facial acne scars and neck wrinkles, leaving skin more smooth, radiant, and younger-looking.
What should I expect Post-Procedure?
The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions resolved over time without any further complications.
- Avoid the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs like aspirin, Motrin, Advil, ibuprofen or any other non-Tylenol, non-acetaminophen product) for two weeks prior to treatment to minimize the potential for bruising, unless the medications involved are prescribed for the treatment of an existing medical condition.
- Hydrate: for seven days prior, moisturize your skin in the morning & evening. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
- If you have a history of fever blisters, take antiviral medication starting 1 day prior and follow directions on your prescription.
- Stop all topical acids (like glycolic, alpha or beta hydroxy acids), retinol, Retin-A, or other like products 4 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid tanning beds or prolonged exposure to the sun 4 days prior to treatment. Always use a zinc oxide sunscreen with SPF 30+.
- Remove all substances from the intended treatment area, including Makeup, topical numbing cream, tanning products, ointments, lotions, oils, etc.
- For cleansing, use a very mild, soothing cleanser.
- Refrain from applying makeup until the following day. Use clean makeup brushes. Mineral-based makeup is best during the post-treatment period.
- Do not use any additional skincare products during the first 24 hours following your treatment, unless advised by your clinician.
- Do not exercise or increase your heart rate 24-48 hours post-treatment.
- AVOID ALL SUN EXPOSURE FOR UP TO THREE DAYS POST TREATMENT. WEAR YOUR HAT AND SUNSCREEN.
- Refrain from deep exfoliation and/or retinol products for seven to ten days post-treatment